Beach Of Dreams - Outdoor EventsBUILD YOUR CUSTOM EVENT
Sand castle building is a brilliant way to teach team work principles. Our version of the classic beach activity is fun, ingenious and surprisingly challenging! Teams will compete to build the best sand castle to a strict deadline. Whilst that may sound simple, we've introduced a few conditions to make things more demanding than usual.
Teams will need to use all the skills of their individual members to create a masterpiece.
How does it work?
Following a welcome and brief from our events coordinators, the group will be put into teams. Roles must be assigned, a theme needs to be selected and a design created. Teams must also use their budgeting skills to buy tools from our beach shop using fun money.
- The sand castle must cover an area measuring 1m x 2m
- All team members must be involved in the build
- The sand castle needs to have a water feature
- The sand castle needs to be completed in a certain time frame
When the time is up, our events coordinators will blow the whistle and all building must stop. Teams stand back from the beach sculptures and wait with bated breath as our judges cast a critical eye over their efforts.
What are the benefits of this team building activity?
Our Sand Castle Building event helps team members:
- Manage resistance to change
- Demonstrate the value of learning new skills
- Encourage high team performance
- Improve communication and collaboration skills
- Boost motivation and confidence levels
- Encourage competition in a fun environment