Our spotlight interviewee for September is Chris Reynolds, Sales Manager at Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club. We contacted Chris to ask him a few questions regarding his professional career and highlights. With great experience within his field he gave us some great insights, see these below:
1. Tell us about your professional experience within the industry so far?
My experience has included 3 years working for two brilliant event booking agencies. Alongside this I have worked in Hotel Sales for 3 years now. (2 Years of that, at the beautiful centrally located Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club).
2. What have been your highlights and most proud moment so far working in the industry?
Honestly, I am not just saying this as this blog is written to be placed on Off-Limits website…. We hosted an event for 168 delegates on 28th August 2019 – I co-ordinated 6 different suppliers, 168 delegates and on the back of this I have seen in excess off £100,000 in 9 days following this.
3. What have been some of your biggest challenges in your career?
I would say that everyday during my first role in hotel sales role!! Less said the better!
4. Given all your experience in the field, how has the industry evolved over the last couple of years?
I have noticed more and more late lead enquiries, more challenging requirements and competition in the marketplace is growing very quickly!
5. Do you see any trends emerging or quickly changing within the industry?
Late lead bookings.
6. What led you to work at Marriott Hotels?
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club
7. What does your ideal weekend look like?
Lots of golf, sport and good food!
8. Do you have a favourite inspirational quote, if so, what is it?
My line manager, Nicola Cartwright, always says…. “Fail to prepare, prepare to fail” so I guess that has become it!! (Hope she doesn’t mean anything to me by it)