Our venue of the month for December is the luxurious Armathwaite Hall Hotel and Spa. We asked them questions about the venue's attributes, facilities and the need for team building activities within meetings and conferences. Below are the answers we had in return to our spotlight questions, read more to see what they had to say:
1. Brief description of Armathwaite Hall Hotel and Spa…
Armathwaite Hall Hotel and Spa, Cumbria, Lake District, England
Overlooking tranquil Bassenthwaite Lake and framed by Skiddaw mountain and Lakeland fells, at Armathwaite Hall Hotel and Spa you can find adventure and adrenalin in the hills or peace and relaxation in The Spa.
As you arrive at this beautiful privately owned four red star hotel, you can expect to receive a warm friendly welcome within the grand surroundings. Explorers will find luxurious wood-panelled lounges complete with roaring fires, elaborately framed paintings. Billiards room decorated with vintage Punch comics. Lake View conservatory with stone terrace perfect for afternoon tea. Two rosette Lake View fine Dining Restaurant or contemporary Courtyard Bar and Brasserie Restaurant plus the Lake District Wildlife Park situated on the 400 acre estate grounds.
If you like to “spa”, the award winning Spa at Armathwaite Hall, offers a true Spa experience whether it is a residential Spa Break or a Spa Day. Facilities includes a beautiful 16m infinity edge pool, state-of-the-art gym, 10 luxurious treatment rooms, one of which is a double treatment room, ‘hush’ tranquillity lounge and luxurious outdoor hot tub overlooking landscaped gardens.
2. What are the main services Armathwaite Hall provides day to day?
As a four red star hotel we offer many facilities from accommodation, dining, spa, wedding and meetings including team building.
3. Top three attributes of this venue are…
1. Stunning Lake District location overlooking Bassenthwaite Lake, near Keswick
2. Award winning Spa
3. We have our own wildlife park on site – The Lake District Wildlife Park
4. What space is available for team building events?
Various areas suitable for different activities from woodland, parkland and lake shore
5. Would you say that providing team building as part of a conference is becoming much more popular within the industry?
We are seeing a welcome return to activities. There is a great benefit to including activities and experiences as part of a meeting as it helps elevate the event into a fun and memorable occasion.
6. What do you see in the future for Armathwaite Hall Hotel and Spa?
We are always moving forward with fresh ideas, updating facilities and innovative ideas.
7. What atmosphere does this venue portray?
A traditional, relaxed country house feel with a fun modern twist.
Potential Customer Questions:
1. Is there parking on site? Yes, and its free
2. How many people do the meeting & conference rooms hold? Depending on set up, but around 150 people
3. Is there Wi-Fi? Yes, and its free
4. Do you offer catering for conferences? Yes
5. Is there space for outdoor team building activities? Yes – we have over 400 acres of woodland, deer park and lake foreshore