Our venue of the month for December is The Lensbury. A stunning 4* hotel with a wide range of facilities to suit a corporate day, family get away and weekend watching the rugby to name a few. The grounds of the hotel offers a huge space for team building activities with a variety of options to choose from. Inside and out, events can be tailored to a specific team away day. We asked a variety of questions to really get to know the venue's personality and what you can expect when visiting. Read more to find out more about this brilliant 4* hotel:
1. Brief description and history of The Lensbury
The Lensbury is a stunning 4* hotel, conference centre and leisure club located in 25 acres of beautiful grounds on the banks of the River Thames at Teddington in South West London. Having been completed in the early 1930’s, the hotel has 155 bedrooms, a modern conference centre with 19 meeting rooms for up to 250 delegates and a whole host of facilities and grounds for leisure and team building activities.
Having been owned by Shell for many years, The Lensbury was acquired by L+R Hotels in May 2019 with many exciting plans in the pipeline for the future, helping to establish The Lensbury as a leading venue for a whole host of corporate events in South West London.
2. What are the key attributes of the venue?
- All under one roof – meeting space, accommodation, teambuilding, private dining
- Location – within easy reach of Heathrow Airport, central London and the motorway network
- Unique riverside position, with watersports facilities and outside space for teambuilding
- Leading leisure facilities with a new state-of-the-art gym and studios
- 200+ free car parking spaces
3. Do you see a change in the corporate industry regarding use of the venue for different activities (team building events over conferences)?
Requirements have changed, especially as event organisers are always looking for ways to make sure they deliver events that are both memorable and unique, whilst always ensuring events are on budget, with all core objectives achieved.
The Lensbury is perfectly suited to meet these requirements, with a dedicated team on hand to deliver events that are both bespoke and memorable for delegates. The Lensbury enjoys a unique location for team building, both land and water based, and offers a range of packages and prices designed to meet all budgets.
4. Can you describe what a typical day could look like at The Lensbury?
A typical day for a delegate might include a sumptuous breakfast in the stunning Conservatory overlooking the gardens to Teddington lock, a meeting in the conference centre with fresh tea, coffee and snacks throughout. A delicious hot and cold buffet lunch in one of the restaurants could be followed by a fun afternoon of team building – perhaps and activity on the lawn such as the popular Crystal Maze or for something more adventurous take to the water in our dragon boats!
After the fun, take a chance to cool off with a drink and a freshen-up before a barbecue or dinner.
5. What kind of atmosphere does the venue offer?
The venue offers a friendly, yet professional atmosphere where all guests and delegates are warmly welcomed and looked after. The style of the hotel is that of a country house, with the conference centre being more contemporary in style with a host of modern facilities designed to meet the demands of the modern business traveller.
6. What are the venues favourite team building events, and why?
The favourite team building activity has to be one that makes use of the unique position on the River Thames like dragon boat racing or raft building! For a full experience, this is often combined with a land-based activity such as a treasure hunt in the stunning grounds!
7. Does the venue offer anything unique to other establishments?
Something that is unique about The Lensbury is our connection with sport, particularly rugby. Located near to Twickenham Stadium and fully equipped with fantastic training facilities including two pitches, The Lensbury makes an ideal base for visiting teams.
The hotel has been fortunate enough to host the best teams in the world including New Zealand, Australia and England. The hotels reputation as a leading venue and delivery of exceptional service mean these discerning international guests return year after year!
8. Is the venue dominated by guests for leisure or business?
During the week, there are large numbers of business and conference guests staying, whilst at the weekend the relaxed atmosphere makes the hotel a great leisure destination, especially when there is a big game on at Twickenham, or an event at one of the famous local attractions such as Hampton Court or Kew Gardens.
9. How would you describe the venue as a personality?
The Lensbury is friendly, outgoing and warm with a desire to deliver memorable experiences for all.
10. Is there anything upcoming in 2020 to keep an eye out for at The Lensbury?
2020 will mark the 100th Birthday of The Lensbury, which will be celebrated with a variety of special events across the year, including a series of very special sporting dinners, each of which will be hosted by a different sporting legends, and will feature a unique question and answer opportunity.
In addition, new state-of-the-art gym and studio facilities are now complete and will be open for the use of members and guests alike!
Potential Customer Questions:
1. How many rooms does The Lensbury have for guests? - 155
2. How many meeting / conference rooms does the venue have? – 19
3. What size is the space outside? – 25 acres
4. Is there Wi-Fi? – Yes, which is complimentary across the site
5. Is there free parking on site? – Yes, there are 200 + spaces available