Weston Park is our first venue of the month for 2020! We asked them a variety of questions to gain an insight into the venues day to day operations as well as what to look out for in the future. This venue offers something unique for corporate clients looking for an exciting and beautiful space for team building. Read on to see how this venue could be your next place to visit:
1. Provide a brief description of history and surroundings at Weston Park
Weston Park is no ordinary stately home. Set amongst 1,000 acres of Capability Brown landscaped parkland and former home to the Earls of Bradford, Weston has a rich history, an internationally important art collection and all the grandeur you would expect from a stately home – but with a very modern outlook.
2. What are the key attributes of the venue?
• Private Hire of the House and Italian Gardens – including The Orangery, The Dining Room and 28 individually designed bedrooms.
• 1,000 acres of Capability Brown parkland
• Holiday cottages to hire
3. Over the years how has the industry changed in regards to what customers use the venue for?
We have seen a move where corporate clients enjoy mixed use of our venue combining both indoor and outdoor activities to suit members of their team.
4. Do you see more corporate clients now looking for a unique and exciting space?
Very much so, they are looking for surroundings that will stimulate the senses and help with the creative thinking process.
5. What can a week look like in the day to day management of the venue?
No two days are the same, this can be spending the morning answering enquiries, afternoon showing clients the House, to evening appointments or hosting events. Our bedroom appointment is particularly enjoyable as it allows our clients to really get to know the House and appreciate the uniqueness of each of the bedrooms.
6. What kind of atmosphere does Weston Park offer to customers?
We offer a 5-star service coupled with excellent cuisine and luxury accommodation, you’ll find Weston surprisingly easy going and relaxed.
7. What are the venues favourite team building events, and why?
Indoor Crystal Quest which combines both individual and team work. More traditional outdoor activities such as clay pigeon shooting and archery, these really allow you to switch off from the digital world and enjoy the great outdoors!
8. How does Weston Park stand out from other venues?
We work closely with our suppliers so that our clients see us as one team and can make the most of what Weston Park has to offer.
9. How do you strike the balance between being a corporate, leisure and wedding venue?
Our venue has a range of facilities that can be tailored to our clients needs, whether you require a confidential meeting in the Castle Bromwich Executive Boardroom, a beautiful wedding in the Orangery or a celebratory dinner in the Dining room. Clients are able to enjoy Weston Park for just the day, overnight or weekend.
10. What have been the most recent highlights for Weston Park?
A weekend House Party - Orangery was turned in Victorian Circus. Corporate anniversary party that involved us, the parkland for activities as well as celebrations in the House.
11. Is there anything exciting to look out for in 2020, that will be new to Weston Park?
The Dining Room Project.
Key to the new scheme was inspiration drawn from Lady Bradford’s original 1960’s design. Gareth Williams, Curator at Weston has spent time researching the history of the Dining Room and the interior designs used over time. The committee have been dedicated to respecting history of the room whilst still being reflective of now.
The final design scheme has become an up to date reinterpretation of Lady B’s design, a timeless scheme that can be taken into the future.
The velvet wallpaper is being replaced by painted walls, modernising the feel of the Dining Room. The guilt around the edges of the room will be painted using new shades of lime white. Well known paint specialist Charles Hesp of Hesp Jones and Co was consulted when choosing the shades of paint being used for the project. During pinch points there will be at least twelve painters at working synonymously.
New Italian dressed curtains will be hung around the two story windows. The emphasis has been on encouraging more light into the Dining Room, and connecting more with the Italian Gardens seen out of the windows to the west side of the House.
Potential Customer Questions:
1. How many rooms? 28 Bedrooms
2. Does it have Wifi? Yes complimentary
3. Is there on-site parking? Yes complimentary
4. How many meeting / conference rooms is there? 4 meeting / function rooms
5. What size is the space outside for team building events? 1,000 acres