Down Hall Hotel & Spa is our venue of the month for March, and what a spectacular venue this is. Set in the countryside guests feel away from the busy city life but close enough to commute to the big cities. This hotel offers conferencing facilities that pair up with our team building events with so much land outdoors to enjoy the fresh country air with your team. Read below to see what they had to say when under the spotlight with us this month:
1. Description of Down Hall Hotel & Spa itself and surroundings:
Down Hall Hotel is one of England’s most established country house hotels. Located in Hatfield Heath, near Bishop’s Stortford on the Hertfordshire and Essex border, Down Hall is 45 minutes from central London and also ideally located near Stansted Airport.
Dating back to 1322, this impressive Italianate mansion is a historic setting. The hotel’s luxury interiors, ornate ceilings and an abundance of natural daylight make for an experience like no other.
Relax the body, soothe the soul and lift the spirit during your stay at Down Hall in our new, luxury Eden Spa. Take time to wander the 110 acres of surrounding woodland, parkland and landscaped gardens or sample traditional English Afternoon Tea in our historic lounge or Ibbetson’s tearoom. Why not enjoy a leisurely dinner in The Grill Room restaurant, serving modern English cooking prepared with fresh ingredients from our own vegetable garden.
2. What does a typical week look like here?
You might find our guests relaxing in our Eden Spa, enjoying a 3-course lunch for £20, exploring the 110 acres of grounds with their dog and retiring to their dog-friendly room, or a conference happening with up to 220 people!
3. What are the top three attributes of the venue?
Our diverse and beautiful function spaces, our The Grill Room restaurant serving freshly made food with vegetables from our own garden and our relaxing Eden Spa.
4. What does Down Hall Hotel offer different to other establishments alike?
We are in the beautiful English countryside with the benefit of only being 45 minutes from London and 15 minutes from Stansted Airport. Our guests can escape from the busy environment of London and relax but ideally and conveniently resume their lifestyle with ease.
5. What atmosphere does this venue have?
Our venue enjoys a relaxed atmosphere for guests. Our staff work hard every day to ensure guests have everything they need. If you were booking a larger event or even a wedding, you can expect to be looked after by our events and wedding coordinators from the moment you book with us right up until the event.
6. What is your favourite team building event?
Our favourite team-building event has to be crystal maze, where clients must work together therefore challenging the team and helping them to bond by overcoming fun tasks.
7. What space does this venue offer for team building?
We have 110 acres of land so we are able to hire third parties to host a variety of activities, such as clay pigeon shooting, buggy racing and crystal maze.
8. What do your customers love most about the venue?
There are many options in terms of function rooms and afterwards clients can relax in the bar or go for a de-stressing walk in our grounds or relax at the spa.
9. Do you think that client expectations of hotels and venues have changed, if so, why and how?
Yes, they have become much more personal because every event or occasion is wanting to be spent with hotels and or venues, to take the stress of organising and tidying away. At Down Hall we look after our guests to help them organise occasions in a unique way.
Potential Customer Questions:
1. How much corporate space is there – conference rooms, offices etc? 11. We can offer a room for 2 guests to 220 guests. Outdoor space can be used for up to 5,000 people.
2. Do you offer catering facilities? Yes, and our chefs are open to suggestions and can cater to all styles of cuisines.
3. Is there space for outdoor team building activities? Yes we have 110 acres of land so the possibilities are endless.
4. Is there Wi-Fi? Yes, complimentary.
5. Is there parking available on site? Yes, complimentary.