Our venue of the month for May is the beautiful Cottons Hotel & Spa. This venue has so much to offer from corporate meeting rooms to more relaxed areas with bean bags. Take some well deserved 'me time' at this hotel, with options to swim in their 13m pool and outdoor hot tub. See what the venue had to say below:
1. Description of Cottons Hotel & Spa itself and surroundings:
Cottons Hotel & Spa is ideally situated just outside Knutsford, Cheshire close to the M6/M56 and only 8 Miles to Manchester Airport. Our conference venue has 12 meeting rooms that are contemporary and purpose-designed for business meetings and events. They offer total flexibility; whether it’s a small meeting for 2 or a business event for 200 - our experienced dedicated team will ensure everything runs smoothly and help with any request you may have. We are a fully equipped conference venue providing naturally lit meeting rooms with LCD projectors, plentiful syndicate rooms and individual break out areas for refreshment breaks or informal work. A number of our meeting rooms have been recently refurbished, with Plasma screens. Parking is free of charge, as is Wi-Fi, and our Restaurant has been awarded with an AA Rosette. We have 138 stylish and modern bedrooms, Gym and Spa with a 13m pool and outdoor hot tub.
2. Summarise what a week at Cottons Hotel & Spa could look like (events, how many conferences etc).
The buzz around the hotel Monday to Friday is predominantly a mixture of corporate guests and conference events. At the weekend the business moves to exclusive weddings, events, private dining, family and spa breaks.
3. What would you say the Hotel is most popular for?
The hotel is most popular for corporate business and we offer a range of delegate packages. Our conference rooms and facilities will inspire and motivate your delegates or employees in everything from productive team building and training seminars through to earnest board meetings.
4. How do you strike a balance between being a corporate venue and a wedding venue?
We are 2 businesses combined and to accommodate the needs of a variety of guests we have in place a robust training plan so staff can adapt to the different clientele we see at the hotel.
5. What has been the most significant change in the industry that has had a positive impact on the venue?
Employers are much more focused on staff wellbeing so we can tailor our packages to incorporate this concept such as spa therapists offering mini treatments at breaktimes, one of our personal trainers doing a group energiser before the meeting starts or group PT sessions. Our Conference Café is available for delegates to access all day with a range of hot and cold drinks and sweet and savoury snacks – including ‘brain food’ to get you through a tough afternoon session.
6. What atmosphere does this venue portray?
Cheshire sophistication within striking distance of the city lights.
7. What are the top three attributes of Cottons Hotel & Spa?
1) Location as we are ideally located off the M6 & M56 and also just 8 miles from Manchester airport
2) Flexibility - We have 13 meeting and conference rooms for a formal set up. Bean bags for lighter moments with giant Jenga and other games to break up the day.
3) Superb hospitality - When it comes to crafting your event there is no detail too small that it doesn’t matter. Which is why you’ll find our team are all about the planning, working with you to bring your ideas to life. If you’ve already got the vision, we’ll be the blank canvas for you to work with or, if you’re still planning, we can help and guide you along the way.
8. What is the most popular and favourite team building event?
Our most popular team building event is ‘In It To Win It’ – in your teams choose your strongest player for each game and take part in a series of challenges.
9. Is there anything coming up in the future to keep an eye out for?
We have a rolling refurbishment programme of our bedrooms and meeting rooms.
10. What are some of the biggest challenges at the venue?
One of our biggest challenges we face is that customers have more awareness over their dietary needs therefore our teams have to be fully trained on all allergens.
We can cater for all dietary requirements and are continuing to develop our dining areas to accommodate, such as a separate gluten free breakfast buffet station.
Potential Customer Questions:
1. How much corporate space is there – conference rooms, offices etc?
We have 13 meeting rooms on site which can accommodate 2 – 200 delegates and everything in between.
2. Do you offer catering facilities?
Head Chef, Adrian Sedden and his team source locally wherever possible and will always ensure that all our guests have a chance to sample some of Cheshire’s finest on their visit to the hotel. From the convenience and all-day flexibility of our Conference Cafe to the tailored dining options you can choose from, we’ll work with you to plan the perfect event from start to finish.
3. Is there space for outdoor team building activities?
Not on site but we do have arrangements set up locally to offer outdoor activities
4. Is there Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi at the hotel is high speed and complimentary
5. Is there parking available on site?
Parking is on site and complimentary an we have 180 spaces